1:24 1964 Ferrari 158 - Bandini

1:24 1964 Ferrari 158 - Bandini


This model is built from a very unique resin model made by Fernando Pinto of Portugal, who makes some very interesting models. It is a "curbside" model, but the finished model show all the necessary engine details.

I forgot to take photos of the kit before I started building it, but the building instructions shows the components.




The suspension components is a mix of soft, thin wire and delicate resin parts. The main kit parts is the tub/engine component which is one casting with some wire suspension parts actually cast into the resin. The casting is very well done and very detailed.



Here is the tub shown with with all cast components. I have just painted the parts and added the driver, which is made of parts from different sources. The head and torso is from Immense Miniatures, the legs are Tamiya and the arms resin parts.
I was very difficult to fit the driver into the very narrow tub, but I like to have a driver figure in my models :-)


All parts on the tub is cast into the assembly.



Body parts painted as the wheels which are cast in one part


Driver is finished and I have begun detailing the backside of the instrument panel which is visible from above.



Exhausts and other details added to the tub assembly. The exhausts gave me some headache as part of one of the tubes and one end piece were missing from the casting, so I had to made these parts myself. The exhausts are cast in one piece (!) and needed some clean-up. They were also difficult to install due to the preinstalled suspension components


Aluminium intake tubes are installed and I addede oil lines to the gear box.


Preformed mesh had to be cut and installed from the backside


The wire mesh looks great when installed. Vacformed and pre-cut windscreen is also installed


The finished car :-)  I choose to paint the car red with Bandini at the steering wheel. Numbers and tyre decals are not from the kit.
What not is hown on the kit is my frustration when mounting the wheels and finding the the suspension was not aligned front and rear so only three wheels touched the ground :-(  - I had to break some parts apart and reglue, both front and rear to get everything level - and all 4 wheels on the ground.
I dont know what went wrong, but I should have prefitted the parts along the build.








The other car is a Southeast Finecasts Brabham BT24 white metal kit.

Photos here: